Question about old accounts

iceblaze

I had a couple of accounts with Grodons and Zales a few years ago anyway the 7 year period had passed an i had them removed from my report now today i get in the mail from Asset Acceptance LLC saying theyhave purchase dthat account and are trying to collect on it again now these accounts are almost 10 years old. What can i do about this. They said in the letter i have 30 days to dispute the validity of this debt or they will put it on my credit now how can they do this being this was already removed anyway because 7 years had passed. I am located in Texas by the way. Any help would be greatful. i have my credit cleaned up really good now and do not want this back on my report. I have 700 scores with all 3 reports.

You need to check the Statue of Limitations in your state for that particular debt. My guess is that it is too old for them to take any legal action against you or report it on your CR. If that is the case, and it does show up on your CR you can dispute it as being past statue of limitaitons. :)

Good luck!