Anyone have luck settling w/ Discover?

CBkid

I have been having problems getting Discover's DC/Law Firm to put anything in writing.

I have a "request for clerks judgement" that is awaitng signing by the judge... demurred state.

BUT DC/Law Firm said they would neg. a settlement for pay-off but did not put it all terms in writing.

I will be sending this letter off to one of the named attys (signed my summons papers). As the operator/law assistants have lied to me thus far...

THE PFD LETTER:

Date

Senders Name

Street Address

City, State Zip

Collection Agency Name

Street Address

City, State Zip

RE: Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I am willing to pay your company the full amount of $X as payment in full for the satisfaction of this account. Upon receipt of payment, I ask that you agree to remove this account from my credit report or change the status of my account from Collection to Pays As Agreed. Furthermore, I ask that you also agree, that once paid in full, this account is not to be resold/transferred to any other collection agency.

If you concur with these terms, please acknowledge with your signature and return a copy of this letter to me within fifteen (15) days of the receipt of this letter. No payment will be made without written confirmation. Any and all correspondence to me is to be sent to the address noted in this letter.

Upon receipt of this signed acknowledgment, I will immediately mail you the full amount of $X that is owed on this account in the form of a money order by certified mail via USPS. Once you have received my payment, please send me a letter that states to the effect that this outstanding collection account has been settled and paid in full.

Agency:

Authorized Signature:

Date:

Sincerely,

Sender's Name

DOES THIS SEEM CORRECT? (note: I will also have to add a sentence stating that they will stop & withdraw all legal processes, etc... ( I need to find proper language for this )

thanks for any input

CB