Merchants and Medical

lyle7289

Hello all!!

Has anyone had any luck removing a paid collection from Merchants and Medical?

If so, what did you did to remove the collections. I have several that read "paid collections". I have not tried to DV them yet and was wondering if this worked?

Thanks,

Lyle

Thank oyu NJGRl!!

I thank you for the reply. I have read that thread several times before. It is indeed, very informative. What I am more interested in though is the thread discussing NCO Financial. There are several posts with success stories of individuals emailing the "higher ups" resulting in immediate deletions. I was wondering if anyone has had the same success or similar successes with Merchants & Medical. This would save a lot of mail time DV-ing when a simple email or letter to an authority figure would do.

Thnak you again for the reply and I hope I have cleared up my inquiry.

Best Regard,

Lyle

Your welcome.. I personally have only dealt with NCO and it worked for me---e-mailing higher ups..

Have you tried doing a search for merchant and seeing if they've been discussed on a previous post? If nothing comes up, your best bet is to try the sample letters mentioned on the sticky..

I think disputing with the CRAs should work.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I have tried a search and no luck. There web site gives no names. I have been all through there, inside and out and found nothing. I will keep searching though.

By the way, I have disputed them with the CRA's (4/26/06) and have no response as of yet. I will have to wait and see.

Thanks again!!

Lyle

• 1 month later...

***bump***

Update

I have tried to dispute the paid collections. VERIFIED

I have tried to email the higher ups. NO REPLY

I have sent the Higher Ups certified mails- NO Reply

Has ANYONE had ANY luck with Merchants and Medical Credit Corporation?

I have 5 paid collections that are killing me!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lyle

I haven't had anything with that CA BUT, I think you can do one of two things.

1) Leave it alone for a month or two and try again. I've had some success disputing a couple months after I paid the bill off. They've gotten their money and didn't respond.

OR

2) Wait until the end of Nov or Dec and hit them during the holidays when a lot of people are taking time off.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a paid collection removed from this agency. I emailed the billing department of the OC. They called me a week or so later. I apologized, admitted guilt and expressed remorse. She basically told me that I should have contacted them instead of letting it go to collections. I apologized, agreed, and at the end of the conversation she told me she was giving me the direct number of the collection agency guy that deals with their account. I called him. He told me to fax them a letter. I did. Several weeks later it came off one credit bureau, and I received a letter from the collection agency today telling me that they would be removing the information from the credit bureaus. It may not be the recommended strategy, but in this particular case, politeness, sincerity and an admission of guilt resulted in the removal of the collection.

• 2 weeks later...