Late payment

lovetoknow

I would try disputing it first w/the CRA as "never late" if it comes back verified then contact the OC...

If it was late recently and you know it was late try writing them a good will letter. You can do a search for that here. If this is your first time I'm sure they can accomodate you. Try finding the contact addy for their corporate office~most times mailing it to their reg. customer service wont get you anywhere..

You can also do a search for that OC here...perhaps their corporate addy has been given here before!

Good Luck!

Do you recommend disputing CB first or go directly to Creditor?

NJGrl is right. You should try disputing w/ the CRAs first. BUT...if this is a CLOSED account, do know that you'll be risking deletion of the entire TL. Depending on how long ago the late payment was, it may not be affecting your score as much as you think. If it's still open & current, then should try a GW letter (if the TL is verified). Direct the letter to higher-ups/executives/CEO, whomever has authority @ the company. If you send it to customer service or someone who has no authority to grant your request, then yes...they will throw away the letter w/o hesitation.

NJGrl,

Smart! should I look for anyone in particular in the corporate office ? do you know if calling them or faxing the letter will get me a faster reply ?

Earthangel,

These accounts for 3-4 years old and closed account. Would this condition have an effect on the score ?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING

These accounts for 3-4 years old and closed account. Would this condition have an effect on the score?

History is the largest factor in calculating your FICO score. If those accounts were deleted, then your file would lose an additional 3-4yrs of credit history. Were the lates from 3-4yrs ago or are they more recent? If they're more recent (like last year or 2), then do a GW letter.