growingupbunnie

Account Transferred or Sold; Charge

CB's won't remove accounts that are stating "account transferred or sold" on my CR. I know this is because they are charge-offs AND YOU KNOW they are charge-offs but is there a specific indisputable reasoning or language that I can use that will effectively get these pesky accounts off. BTW, the accounts are so old I do not have paperwork to prove that they were charged off. Addtionally, the collection accounts assigned to these accounts are no longer reporting because it's beyond the 7 years.

Yes, I have disputed in writing. The TL's were not removed on the premise that the TL's are reporting under "positive credit history" to which of course we know that it is NOT positive to have "account sold; transferred" on your CR. So, I am asking if anyone has dealt with a similiar situation and may be able to offer advice.

to which of course we know that it is NOT positive to have "account sold; transferred" on your CR.

It can be.

What's negative about it is what led up to the account being sold or transferred. Companies sell their portfolios all the time. That statement does not make something negative in and of itself.

If they're charged off, but showing it, what negatives are remaining? Late pays? How are they reporting?

Let me put it this way.

That phrase isn't hurting you as much as losing the entire tradeline would. FICO thrives on history - good or bad. That means by removing tradelines over things like "closed by credit grantor" or a couple 30 day lates over the entire length of the account is going in the wrong direction.

BUT if you're hellbent on getting rid of them, there is no secret other than finding an error, disputing it, creating a papertrail, and advancing from there.

I can tell you what will happen if you keep pushing them. They'll report it as a charge off (which it was). Then you screwed yourself. I'm sorry you can't understand what it is I'm trying to explain to you.

What you have is a case of erroneous reporting. It's supposed to be a chargeoff, but they continue to report is incorrectly. That's your angle - and not something you should mess with IMHO.

Anybody else have similar situation pls let me know. Prepared to continue traditional dispute just wondering if anyone knew a different perhaps more effective way.

What Doc is clearly telling you is...there IS NO other way to get this 'marking' from the TL other than disputing it; and if you keep disputing it, you'll risk the TL being deleted completely (causing a hit to your score b/c you would've lost history). It's NOT hurting you as much as it would if the entire thing gets deleted. Since it's a positive, closed account, it'll fall off after 10yrs anyway. IMO, let it be.