how long does it take for a trade line to start reporting?

Hi, I am trying to rebuild my credit and do not know what credit card to apply for. We are discharged for a bk in February, but I just purchased a new home and i am hoping that this will help my credit and my approval for a credit card.

Thanks

That is entirely up to the creditor... The CRA has nothing to do with it...

Some creditors update like within the next couple of days. Many do so after the first of every month. And then there are some with their heads up their [EXPLETIVE DELETED] so it may take months to get your trade line reported.

As for rebuilding your credit, it is going to take years of exercising responsible credit behavior to see significant improvements, although there are always exceptions of it happening sooner.

According to the Fair Isaac corporation, the average creditor has credit histories of items that are ten years or older.

Hartson-

I have a friend who bought a place in late January through GMAC (which i think might be affiliated with Wells Fargo). Anyhow, the tradeline has not yet showed up on her CR. She has called them and they told her it can take up to 90 days or more. She is going to call them back in a week and see what is up.