well i was oh so proud to be the owner of a Toyota Truck. And i still am pretty proud, except for the Fact the I just recieved a transfer with my job :D BUT... its 70 miles ONE WAY EVERY DAY...

i will be driving 140 miles a day... :oops: There is no way to relocate to the area, and with gas prices down here... i just dont see how between my payment, ins. and gas i am gonna survive... only 17 miles/gallon.

I have only made one payment (Cap 1 Auto Loan). Boy I could kick myself. Is there anyway i can trade this early to like some little car-- ?? that would be good on gas?

how bad upside would i be? would a place even consider since i have only had it about 2 months?

Oh Lord I am scared! This opportunity is GREAT... but i dont see how i am gonna make it without something sliding.. and going down...

what do i do? any ideas?

ps loan was 17, 500. KBB says trade (dealer) my truck is work 13K WHAT! :oops:

well i was oh so proud to be the owner of a Toyota Truck. And i still am pretty proud, except for the Fact the I just recieved a transfer with my job :D BUT... its 70 miles ONE WAY EVERY DAY...

i will be driving 140 miles a day... :oops: There is no way to relocate to the area, and with gas prices down here... i just dont see how between my payment, ins. and gas i am gonna survive... only 17 miles/gallon.

I have only made one payment (Cap 1 Auto Loan). Boy I could kick myself. Is there anyway i can trade this early to like some little car-- ?? that would be good on gas?

how bad upside would i be? would a place even consider since i have only had it about 2 months?

Oh Lord I am scared! This opportunity is GREAT... but i dont see how i am gonna make it without something sliding.. and going down...

what do i do? any ideas?

ps loan was 17, 500. KBB says trade (dealer) my truck is work 13K WHAT! :oops:

:)If you don't own your home, consider moving closer to your job. :wink:

Its not a great solution, but buy a cheap "beater" car for $1,500 that gets good gas mileage.

I don't know what your average commute is now, lets say its 10 miles each way. Now you are adding 120 miles per day or 600 per week. At 15 mpg thats 40 gallons of gas or about $120 a week right now. Thats just over $500 per month.

If you bought a cheap car that got 30 mpg you would save about $3K per year in fuel costs, let alone wear and tear on your vehicle. You would have additional insurance and maintenance costs. The $1,500 may be a good solution.

Is your new opportunity worth the extra $6K per year and 10 hours/week on the road? Or $3K per year and 10 hours/week in a POS car?

The other option, if this is such a great job is to relocate.

I turned down a significant job opportunity and pay increase this year because once I factored in the $50K income tax hit on selling my condo in the 1st year of ownership, it wasn't so good. Hopefully, I'll get a similar offer next year when I am more mobile.

Carpooling is a great idea... You will have to do a lot of digging around though...

I know people who carpool from San Antonio to Austin everyday. The high price and the wear and tear of their car is enormous but the carpooling saves a fortune...

But I do agree that the next step if that fails is to just get a beat up old clunker and use that instead...