I need Help getting a judgment deleted

DellMatic

I need Help getting a judgment deleted, I have search the whole site and I can't seem to find one, the judgment was paid in full and the company Rubin & Rothman LLC, on behalf of MRC Receivables Corporation, now they filed a satisfaction of judgment on my behalf and I have the letter, with this letter can I call the CRA and tell them to delete? I live in NY and I know it's supposed to be 5 years, and I paid already so I dont think I can Vacate the judgment

Recovery Attorney said this on another thread

I have always maintained that the statute requires the CRAs to remove satisfied judgments if you request them to, before the 5 yrs. That is, the statute is designed to make sure the CRAs who report public actions recheck the information at least every 5 years.

If there is someone who wants to be the test case, let me know

Satisfaction of Judgment is the proper legal disposition to the filing of a Judgment. It means that you have been legally "divorced" from the judgment in the eyes of the court system (in the marital analogy I frequently use to explain legals). Both documents remain in Public Records.

It does NOT mean the judgment should be deleted from your CR (although that would be nice). Having the Satisfaction added to your CR will prevent the judgment from interfering with future applications, but will not stop the listings from hitting your score.

There may be a way to get a judgment deleted or shielded from view on your CR. But, no, you cannot remove a judgment from public records. As long as the listing exists in Public Records, there is a chance it will be scanned again and re-submitted for sale to LexisNexis and then onto the CRAs again. Personally, I think trying to have legals removed is a waste of time, but some folks are successful doing this...Who am I to say "no"?

{Even your chances of having a Vacated judgment deleted from your CR are slim to none, not because it should stay there, but because the CRA employees are so ignorant about legal items.}

If you were here in front of me, I'd say "take your chances and whatever the outcome, don't expect it to be gone forever...". Take that for what it's worth and make your own choices.

Dellmatic,

I say dispute it with the cra and see what happens. I just had a judgement removed from my cr that way. Now, if it has been paid and satisfied then they are not reporting to the cra's anymore so if you are lucky enough to get it off it should not come back.

Doesn't mean its not still a public record but if you get it deleted I doubt it will come back on your cr. But getting it deleted is the hard part.

But, It can be done so go for it!!!!! You have nothing to lose.

^^^ it was satisfied on 9/22/2005, I don't care about been public records, I just don't want it on my CR, I'm trying to build my Credit after I delete everything, and I don't want no credit company scared because I have that judgment, I want them to see nothing, that I just don't have a credit history

Just try to dispute it and hope you get lucky. It can be done. Not easy but it can be done. Also, you should try to start re-establishing credit while deleting negative items. This process takes time and the sooner you start building credit and showing good payment history the sooner your credit score will go up. So good luck and get to it!

^^^ but how, right now my score is 531 there's 6 delinquents accounts and one judgment, there 2 accounts that say Paid, closed/collection account, there;s another 3 accounts that if they don't verify they will get deleted, if not will try to reach a PFD with them 3, how can I get accounts, and which accounts should I get to get to the 700 club?

you can try crown jewelers, they dont even do a credit check and report to all 3 bureaus. You can get a secured account with orchard and there are many others. Click on the category Obtaining credit, Loans etc.

There is a wealth of information in there that will help you on your way.

Good luck!

^^ I am disputing with Orchard right now, lol that won't affect?, plus there is a banner here as I am typing from them that says risk-free inquiry click here, that means they won't check my CR? or they won't leave an inquiry in my records?