newbie needs help paid jc penney

reddog1969

Hello all I need some help with Jc penney I found out that after my divorce my ex still had a credit card with them that was in both of our names I thought I was only a authorized user they said I was a co signer on the account Imediately requested the account be closed and they provide me with proof that i was responsible for this account Which they never sent I then settled the account with them to get them to stop reporting every month that it was late 30,60,90,120 etc.. I negotiated settled in full for less then full amount my problem is they still report a past due balance even though i sent them proof of a zero balance they still verify a balance I disputed with the cra's tu deleted the tl but ex & eq refuse to change listing any sugestions on what to do now :D

Hey...welcome aboard...and learn to use the "." key and the "," key and occasionaly throw in a capital letter or two. They make your posts easier to read.

At this point, I think you're next step would be a "goodwill" letter to someone of authority at JC Penney. You may not like what they're saying, but they are accurate. And, the CRAs are only going to tell you that they're reporting what Penney tells them. So, try to get someone at Penney to change how they're reporting.

Sorry about the run on sentences . :D Thank you for responding . They are still reporting a "charge off" on the account and that the account was "closed by them" when I closed the account and they are reporting a $205.00 balance even though they "settled in full" . They even sent me a letter stating the balance is zero which I foward to the CRA's but the CRA's still verified. I guess my question is are they in any violation of the laws? all help is greatly appreciated :)

The best I can tell you is to keep disputing. I have learned that the secret to credit repair is patience and good record keeping. If you keep true to these tools, you will get far.

Send the good will letter to jc penney. Whatever you get back in the mail, send it to the CRA's and manipulate the correspondence to fit your situation or desired outcome. I'm not saying to alter the correspondece received from the jc penney, I'm telling you how to format your letter to the cra's.

My experience with the cra's have been good, especially when I can either send them any form of correspondece or give them the name and ext of someone I spoke to.

I hope I've helped.