MCI & LVNV - can they be stopped?

Hi all,

I thought I'd decide to start this thread because I have to imagine many are dealing with the same issues and companies. In 2001, I signed up for MCI's Neighborhood program - unlimited local and long distance for $49.95+ tax. I receive my first bill for approx. $250. I called MCI, spent hours getting transferred around, calls dropped etc, and they say "oops, we errantly billed you for .25 cents per minute on your long distance - and never applied The Neighborhood plan, we'll fix it. This happens three months running, approx $250 per month. I cant get anyone to fix the problem at MCI, so I kept sending in my $49.95 plus tax waiting for their credits to my bill. After 3 months of total nonsense, I changed providers.

Now I am dealing with the lovely folks known as LVNV Funding, and have had a $400+ collection account posted to my credit by several CA's. As soon as I successfully get one taken off my credit reports, it shows up under a new CA - this time LVNV Funding. I have DV'd them (just a week ago), however, is their a way to get MCI to stop this debt from going from CA to CA to CA, and live up to their responsibility in the matter? MCI is not on my credit reports as an OC, so does this limit my ability to address their responsibility in the matter? Do they still have a legal responsibility?

My $400 is hardly the issue anymore, as I think these are crooks who escaped billions in debt through corporate bankruptcy and emerged free and clear one year later, yet continue to be the cause of credit headaches for many thousands of people. Class action? Any thoughts on the matter?

Thank you.

MCI is also at fault here. They used fraudelent billing practices to report false revenue, and then sold these fake debts to scummy CA's. MCI should be held accountable too, but I dont know if their BK gets them off the hook for any actions prior to filing...

actually I had one of these show up in my CR as well.. I didnt even bother with LV.. I just disputed it with experian and equifax... LV never responded to them so they were removed without further problems

Was it a substantial debt? (1K or more)

Did you Dv them?