I am puzzled about a situation. I have a friend he pulled the Big 3 from annualcreditreport.com on yesterday and also requested credit scores, but to my surprise as we reviewed his CR's he had no negative accounts no collections and 1 capital one account showing was 60 days late, due to him having more than one cap one account and was still paying on a account that he had paid off he paid over 700.00 and they would not transfer the charges to the correct card. He also has two entrys that are not his account one Citibank showing some lates but reporting as paid as agreed. All of his balances on all of his credit card except his truck loan are zero balances. When he pulled his scores they were very low.

Eq 610

Exp 643

TU 572

Why would his scores be so low?

Well that is what is so puzzling he has 3 paid off cars ford motor, chrsysler financial, and carmax and also a open loan with Nissan. He has a BofA card, 3 Wamu cards and 2 Capital One.. Two loans with beneficial but both he has paid off and they are closed he has about three other accounts that he actually paid off and they are showing paid as agreed and closed could that be hurting his score.

What I am seeing is that your credit score is all about time. You can have bad things on there that don't hurt much of they are 5-6 years old, but a recent bad thing like a 60 days late really hurts. Also a long history of credit is wonderful for your score. So if those accounts aren't old enough they really won't help much. Also those 2 Capital one cards don't matter much unless they report the credit limit correctly, which many people here have found that they don't. But still that wouldn't account for it. There has to be more on there that we're not hearing about.