Is it good to pay off Collection if they remove Neg TL ?

tmac01

If a CA agrees to sign a letter stating that they will remove the collection account from your CR once you pay and not sell it or report it ever again should I do this. I have a $52 Collection from RMA from Direct TV. Its not mine but hell it has dropped my EQ score from 760 to 665. I'd rather just pay it and be done !! I also have one last Midland account for $200 that I have fought for a year and a half, I want it gone !! I hear that the CA;s don't always do this and I hear that if its not your account not to do this but if it can be removed forever why not ? Any advice is appreciated, thank you..... :)

If a CA agrees to sign a letter stating that they will remove the collection account from your CR once you pay and not sell it or report it ever again should I do this. I have a $52 Collection from RMA from Direct TV. Its not mine but hell it has dropped my EQ score from 760 to 665. I'd rather just pay it and be done !! I also have one last Midland account for $200 that I have fought for a year and a half, I want it gone !! I hear that the CA;s don't always do this and I hear that if its not your account not to do this but if it can be removed forever why not ? Any advice is appreciated, thank you..... :)

I disputed my Direct TV acct w/RMA...With the CRA and just like that it was deleted.

If you can pay $52.00 and get a collection account removed from your credit I say go for it.

Why spend hours and hours of time and hassle when $52.00 gets it done?

What is your time worth to you?

We'll TMAC01 I believe it is much harder to get a paid collection off. Your choice.

Yeah Thats what I have heard..I have been posting for a year and a half and I hear if you pay a $1 collection that it hurts you and they won't take it off because by paying your saying its yours. My point is that if you get them to sign a letter stating they will remove it if you pay and not sale it isn't it against the law for them not to remove it ? In most cases what do CA's do when they sign these types of letters ? Do they remove the TL or just lie to you and take your money and run ?

Most definitely, if the CA will send you a signed letter stating they will delete upon payment in full, go for it. Especially for $52. It will cost you this much, if not more, to fight it. Remember, your time is valuable.

Just do not pay until you have the letter in hand. Purchase a MO today for the amount. Send them a CMRR letter as to the agreement. Make sure the signature is from an authorized person, not just a rep. Enclose the MO info in your letter so they know you have it in hand. Also, include a SSAE. Then, close your letter by saying upon receipt of their signed agreement, you will immediately remit payment.

I say this even though it was mentioned by another as to disputing with the CRA's and having it deleted. True, it may happen, but, what if it didn't. You have spent your time and money for nothing, plus, the CA has knowledge you disputed the TL. You get the idea.