Contact for collections after DV letter sent

hummer931

LOL after a year of letting this account sit in limbo in collections i Disputed a Cell phone bill that was Charged off. It was verified.. ive never been hounded for this as its only a couple hundred bucks.

SO 2nd dispute filed 10 days ago and DV letter sent same day. Letter included standard All communicato must be in writing etc basically the form letter off here. WELL they cal my wife today and offer a seettlement!!

Now i know to NEVER talk to a CA on the phone so i dont want to call and neg a pay for delete because they lied to my wife about a few things concerning this.Naely that it supposidely wasent on my credit report etc she played dumb.

So do i contact the CA and NEG a pay for delete OR do i let the DV and Dispute play themselves out? Im sure they are gonna verify again but im not so sure they are gonna validate. Where do i make my move now?

HERES the only one issue.. the lady that called said she was calling from so and so on behalf of alltell... my wife cant remember the name. I sent the letter to Alltel financial.. it says Charged off bad debit on my CR. SO im almoast positive its been charged off .

SO 2nd dispute filed 10 days ago and DV letter sent same day. Letter included standard All communicato must be in writing etc basically the form letter off here. WELL they cal my wife today and offer a seettlement!!

What kind of settlement?

So do i contact the CA and NEG a pay for delete OR do i let the DV and Dispute play themselves out? Im sure they are gonna verify again but im not so sure they are gonna validate. Where do i make my move now?

That's up to you. How much time and money is it worth to you?

HERES the only one issue.. the lady that called said she was calling from so and so on behalf of alltell... my wife cant remember the name. I sent the letter to Alltel financial.. it says Charged off bad debit on my CR. SO im almoast positive its been charged off .

What does your credit report say?

Id like to call them today and neg for delete. NOW if i call them..... Will it in ANY way effect the DV and the dispute in progress if iwe cant come to an agreement?

Reason i ask is because i allready sent a debit validation letter stating NO PHONE contact. Isnt that a violation right there? SO should i just call her and day look you violed the FCRA by contacting me by pursuing collection activity how about you delete it or else be sued. Is that a bad idea?