car trade-in reported as late

rondaperfili

I traded in a vehilce and had never been late on a payment in the 4 years I had the loan. Due to the screwups of dealership the vehicle was paid off after 30 day mark. Americredit put a 30 day late on my credit and will not remove it after repeated attempts to talk to them and dispute with CRA. Dealerships owns up to the mistake and gave me a letter to show they screwed up. I sent this to OC and CRA but they reject it as evidence to clear my name. There is a State law declaring a dealership must payoff a trade in within 21 days of transaction. Any recommendations??

This site has helped more of my friends than I can mention! Thanks to everyone for all of their time and assistance.

Well, if there is a state law requiring it, you definatelty have the dealer on a violation, see if you can negotiate for a new car :) Or free tune-ups for life. Or just tell them you want XXXX amount of dollars or you'll file suit.

You could also try writing the higher up's at the OC and see if you can get a response. Include the documentation provided from the car dealer. I can't understand why they wouldn't help you out on this one.. Some people just use ZERO common sense when dealing with others..

Good luck, keep us updated!

J

same thing happened to me with mine. Not one late and the dealership let it go like 45 days. I get a call wanting to know where the money is. I called the dealership and they stated we cant do anything until all of our paperwork clears. Guess what your paperwork just cleared and there will be some attorney's there tomorrow to help you remember some things. It was paid the next day.

I just sent a nice letter explaining the entire circumstances to every exec including the CEO of the company. Simple mail. I got a letter back stating that they were going to remove that late and make the account closed in good standing with all 3 bureaus.

Let me know and Ill PM you my letter I used. Oh and I found a few fax numbers for the company. I figured hell 30-40 and all I need is one having a good day. :lol: