Doesn't always work

orgaknight

Well, I've been at this for three years, doing all the right things:

1. Paying my bills on time without exception for 3 years now,

2. Doing the DV, delete thing: Got several deletions

3. Went from 20 some odd bad accounts to 10 old bad ones, most of which will drop off by this December that are either paid off or disputed.

4. Established 9 good accounts.

Yet my FICO and FAKOs continue to be sub 600! Folks don't think the bureaus treat everyone the same. I had a collection deleted in one day this month from equifax, and my FICO has NOT BUDGED! You would think my score would go up.

Everyone's situation is different, but I am 45 years old, divorced seven years ago (the reason my credit was ruined), never owned a home in my life with few prospects of that ever happening as my score won't get better fast enough and housing prices/interest rates are rediculously high. At one point I thought I saw hope when my EQ FICO was 589, then the IRS filed a tax lien, which I was later able to get them to withdraw due to their error, but the damage was done, and mysteriously, Equifax won't restore the score back to it's original state when a withdrawal occurs. It seems that once you "fall down" the score hill, you have to climb it back up...even if it is due to a mistake! This is costing me another "blankety blank blank" year of credit hell! This system is God awful! People are not rewarded for paying their debts, they are punished instead! I now have a few very low balance credit cards, and will just have to wait through another year, just to see my final negatives drop off and then make the slow climb from poor credit to fair credit. I am glad these strategies have worked for some of you, but beware like someone else has stated, "results may vary depending on application".

:(

Don't let it get you down. I know that's probably not what you want to hear right now though, but alot of people do go through credit repair "burn out" from time to time. (I'm hitting that wall myself right now)

Scores tend to bounce up and down while doing credit repair. Sometimes even getting rid of a baddie will make your score drop due to losing a TL that had age on it. But they will rebound after a little while.

If you have some that are due to drop of at the end of the year, and you are out of SOL on them, you might try to dispute them right now as being obsolete. Sometimes disputing a TL as obsolete 6 months before it is due to drop, the CRA's will go ahead and delete it.

Good luck to you. I hope your scores (and your hope) rebound quickly :)

You would probably benefit by understanding how credit scoring works. From your post, there are certain factors that stand out as to why your scores are still low. These can and probably will change.

First of all, Equifax and the other two CRA's don't have anything to do with the scores. They are simply respositories of information reported by Data Furnishers. All scoring software is leased through other companies, like FICO (Fair Isaac Company). These providers USE the data in the CRA's to calculate the score. The CRA's definately hawk scores as a product, but this is a marketing agreement. So, Equifax is neither punishing you nor refusing to restore your score.

Unlike raw data in your consumer file...your credit score is a calculation that is only performed upon request. So, you don't have a number sitting there constantly being added to and subtracted from. Any time someone requests it, the algorthyms are run and a "magic" number is calculated based on the data in your file at that moment.

You can research and place information in your file which will raise the score, upon calculation. I wish you luck in doing so, sounds like you are overdue.

One thing that I am seeing through the credit repair process is that at first when you do your DVs and get some of the negatives off of your reports is that the score does in fact go down. However, this is like setting the foundation for good credit. Get all the negatives and yes, you do lose some good history in the process. But then once you start getting the breaks, it begins to snowball. I scraped my scores down to the low 500s, but my report was pretty clean. Then as I got my first CC the score started climbing a little faster. Then I got a Car loan, at a terrible rate, and that started the score going up higher. As the score got a little higher the car loan interest rate got lowered. Now I am knocking on the door of 700 with all 3. I think that having a mortgage is a great thing for your scores.