Should I or can I validate?

HOOT

Hi All-

I have an equipment lease for a business that I sold in 2000. The lease was from 7/1999. At the time I was told this lease was cancellable anytime. Well turns out not. From a website I found turns out alot of people have this same problem with this company.

Well I talked to them back in 2000 and told them that I would return equipment, but no. Anyway they have now CO the account and I have disputed with CRA and one removed, but others will not. Can I now do a debt validation with this company after this long? Would they have to respond? Thought I had read some other posts about this. I am pretty sure the lease was signed through another company called Merchant Services and they just finance though this company. Any help?

The time limit for this to appear on your CR is basically up. The CRAs should remove it based on that alone. That should be enough to get it off.

If it doesn't, what state are you in? The SOL for them suing you is prolly up. I would send them a DV letter and mention this. Also mention the DOLA was 7/99, so if they are reaging this debt (reporting a later DOLA than 7/99), that is a FCRA violation.

Thanks. I am pretty sure the SOL is up, but the DOLA was actually 6/2000 the month I sold the business. I am in FL now , but the business was in GA. These people are creatures from what I understand. I now I signed a lease, but I was told it could be cancelled anytime. That is the only way I would do it. I willl try the validation on them. Maybe after this long they no longer have the records. :please: I disputed with EX on this one Monday and it was verified the next day. Seems pretty quick. Thanks again :D