Sign in to follow this  
hi-liter

Orchard makes no sense!

I know I'm beating a dead horse with this post, but I really need to vent to others who know where I'm coming from.

I have had a secured card with them since early 2004. They have been pretty good to me thus far, however I'm starting to get frustrated. I emailed them to ask about graduating the card from secured to unsecured. I get this response:

Dear hi-liter,

Thank you for your email inquiry dated 06/08/2006.

All secured card accounts are reviewed regularly for graduation

to an unsecured card. When your account qualifies, it will be

automatically graduated.

If you would like to request for the graduation of your account,

please refer to the phone number on the back of your card to contact our

Customer Service Department.

You are important to us and we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Orchard Bank Customer Care

I'd really like to know what their idea of "regularly" is. I'm VERY tempted to call and ask for graduation, however I'm afraid of being denied, getting pissed and closing a TL that I keep open for utilization purposes.

Has anyone else started out with an Orchard secured and was actually graduated to an unsecured?

I had an Orchard Secured for about a year and nothing ever happened. So one day I decided to go on their website and apply for a regular card. I was approved instantly, so I just closed out my secured account.

I've had a secured card from Orchard for about 2 years now and have a perfect payment history. I've asked to be graduated to unsecured but was denied. I'm now an AU on my fathers AMEX so I think I'm going to cancel both the Orchard card and my Applied Card Bank secured card as soon as it (the AMEX) shows up on my CR.

First they say graduation is done automatically and when you qualify, you'll graduate (don't call us, we'll call you). Then they say "if you want to request graduation, call us."

Uhhhh... :roll:

Why the heck call it graduation??? Do you a get gown and cap when you get updated or something??

What a ridiculous name!! :roll:

Whatever happened to the simplicity of "upgraded".. or if they want to make you feel special "rewarded".. anything but graduation!

Sounds soo schoolish!!

Whatever happened to the simplicity of "upgraded".. or if they want to make you feel special "rewarded".. anything but graduation!

Sounds soo schoolish!!

Yeah... you are still getting a screw job even when "gradute" to high interest and lots of big fees...