Time Period to File for Chapter 7 after a Judgement

RSB

This is a question concerning a JDB getting a judgement against a person for a credit card. If the JDB gets a judgement, and the person whom owes the the judgement has no home or income, how long will it be before the JDB forces the sale of personal items to pay for the judgement?

Is there time to file for chapter 7 BK? Can this be done the day after the judgement is ordered?

how long will it be before the JDB forces the sale of personal items to pay for the judgement?

Is there time to file for chapter 7 BK? Can this be done the day after the judgement is ordered?

Forcing the sale of personal property is easier said than done. States have exemptions for personal property that can't be seized by judgment creditors. Find out what you can keep in your state. The biggest problem will be wage garnishment if allowed in your state. That'll be the thing they go after first.

You can file BK fast but, you must complete the CCCS requirement PRIOR to filing. Several court cases where people have filed and then did the CCCS and they got the bk dismissed. One even did the CCCS the day they filed and were dismissed.

Talk with a bk lawyer or two and get all of your options explained.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I should visit credit counseling so I have that step completed, before bankruptcy. No creditor can garnish my wages because I work less than 1 day a week. In this state a creditor can get your car if it is worth more than $2500. (If they take your car...how are you suppose to get to work??) I think in this state a creditor can also get personal valubles such as jewelry.