Opt Out

quida12

I have read the information on opting out but I just want to make sure I am doing everything in my credit repair journey the correct way. I am in the process of trying to clear my credit and I have had a couple of old collections to appear since I have removed something and got a couple of new accounts and I know this has affected my score. Is opting out what I want to do to keep collections from reaging on my report.? :)

I have read the information on opting out but I just want to make sure I am doing everything in my credit repair journey the correct way. I am in the process of trying to clear my credit and I have had a couple of old collections to appear since I have removed something and got a couple of new accounts and I know this has affected my score. Is opting out what I want to do to keep collections from reaging on my report.? :)

Opting out has nothing to do with reaging on accounts. It keeps the CRA's from selling your information. The CRA's sell info to many different types of companies, including CA's, JDB's etc. That's how they make their money.

When you start credit repair or have started the process in make major purchases like homes, cars etc., if you haven't opted out, you may find new CA's/JDB's showing up.

Even if you don't have any past credit problems, baddies may still pop up since the data miners look for anything that may match (somewhat). Like addresses, similar name or similar SSN etc.