Need information about Creditors Meeting for BK

ycedy

Need help/ information. My wife and I have a meeting with the creditors and this is the second one. My wife was just got out of the hospital. The BK court rescheduled so she could get better. She can not make the long trip. My lawer says we both have to be at the meeting. If not the BK court will dismiss the case and we will have to refile. My question is if a BK is dismissed is it recorded as a BK with the county clerk? And if it is dismissed will it show up as a BK on CRA's files?

Thanks ycedy

You need to find a way to either get your wife there or ask your lawyer about having her 'appear' via interrogatories if it is impossible for her to physically be there.

My question is if a BK is dismissed is it recorded as a BK with the county clerk?
The county clerk records nothing. The case will show up in PACER and as public record.

And if it is dismissed will it show up as a BK on CRA's files?

It will show up as a bankruptcy, might say dismissed, but it will still stay there for 10 years regardless.