ALONDRA

Need Help For Trail Date

I was sued by Sears cc. I was served and I answered the summons. I stated that I live on ssi. Wolpson is the lawyer sueing me. I have sent the letters stating that my only income is ssi. I just got a letter in the mail stating that my trail date is August 31. What should I do? I don't have the money to pay back these people the are sueing me for 5500.00. I live in the state of TX. They filed the suit 3 days before the SOL limit was up. What should I expect that day and what things should I bring??

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

How much you make is not a defense, first off.

What did you say in your answer? If you could also answer the questions posted in the sticky above, it would help us to help you.

1. Who is suing you? WOLPSON & ABRAMSON

2. For how much? 5500.00

3. Who is the original creditor? SEARS

4. How do you know you are being sued? WAS SERVED

5. How were you served? Were you served? SOMEONE DROPPED PAPERS OFF AT MY HOUSE

6. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? LETTERS OF COLLECTION

7. Where do you live? TX

8. When is the last time you paid on this account? JAN OF 02

9. What is the status of your case (if anything has been opened)? You can find this by a) calling the court or B) looking it up online (many states have this information posted daily). SET FOR TRAIL

10. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?) NO

11. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? If not, don't bother doing this now.

12. Did you receive an interrogatory (questionnaire) regarding the lawsuit? NO