Anyone know of a good attorney in Long Island NY?

Thanks Admin.

Hey recovering,

I actually had pm'd you a while regarding a business debt from 1999 that they say I was a personal guarantor. I sent in my answer with the affirmitive defenses and sent them a request for production of documents.

I sent in to the court and to the Plaintiff a motion to dismiss based on lack of jurisdiction as they served the secretary of state for the corporation which has been dissolved for 6 + years but they never served me personally. I got a letter in the mail but thats it. There is no affadavit of service on me personally.

I went to court last week and the judge said my motion was not on the proper forms and told me to see the clerk. I got these forms and was going to serve them these papers but I live in Florida and every time I go to court in New York its costing me $$ so I need to make sure I am doing the right thing as the courts have not been the least bit helpful.

I guess my question now is this.......

1- If there is no affadavit of service on me personally but there is one on the dissolved corporation that i have nothing to do with have I been served?

2- When I send this motion to the Plaintiff do I actually have to have someone serve them with it?

3- How should I proceed from here? The attorney showed me my signature on the credit app for the line of credit but thats it. I knew I had a credit line but I don't think there is anything owed on it at all. They have not sent or showed me any of the documents I have asked for regarding this debt.

It gets costly travelling back and forth and I want to make sure I am making the right moves because everytime it gets adjourned it costs me another $ 500 + to go back thats why I was thinking of hiring an attorney b/c it might be less expensive then me travelling up there and they would know procedure better then I do.

Any thoughts comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

What court was the judgment taken in ?

You can file the papers and serve the other side by mail since it is a motion.

It is in District Court in Hempstead but there is no judgement.

What is considered proper service by mail? Just sending it certified mail?

What court was the judgment taken in ?

You can file the papers and serve the other side by mail since it is a motion.

It is in District Court in Hempstead but there is no judgement.

What is considered proper service by mail? Just sending it certified mail?

I'm not Recovering, but I believe that I've seen him post that certified mail is good enough.