Bank of America and MBNA

Determined1

I just reqeived my updated Equifax, and an old account that used to read MBNA, now reads Bank of America MBNA. I did a search online and see that Bank of America bought MBNA (I felt out of the loop reading this, but I no longer apply for credit cards, my only interest is in getting rid of them!)

I was just about to send out a dispute letter to MBNA, and now I'm wondering if my tactic should change any. Should I direct this letter to Bank of America headquarters? Every time an aquisition occurs it becomes less likely they have records on old accounts (this account closed in 2000). I also feel that if I write to Bank of America, they will be more responsible in their actions than the subsidiary or operating company MBNA.

Any thoughts on this and who I direct my correspondence to for an old MBNA account?

Thank you.

I've been disputing an inquiry with MBNA for clsoe to a month now. They keep replying with standard form letters requesting 'more information'. I finally got fed up with them, an fired off a leter stating that I am fully aware of stall tactics, and that any of this information they are requesting for me they already have seeing that they pulled my report.

I haven't heard a word since from them, so once the 30 day mark hits next week, a demand for payment letter will be sent out. After that, then it's time to lawyer up.

I would do small claims, but NYC small claims is so a$$ backwards. You basically can't file suit unless the company has a physical business address in NYC. And even then it would have to be filed in the proper venue. I live in Queens. If they had their office in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, or the Bronx.......then thats where I would have to file, hence making it a PITA for ME, the victim in all of this.

I'm just hoping that the demand for payment letter works. If not, then I'll send them an Intent to Sue letter along with an offer to settle without prejudcie. Maybe that will finally get their attention.