LTD financial on my report?

budercup

I checked my credit report and found 2 inquiries by LTD financial dated 1/06, I did some research and they are a collection agency. But I have no accounts under that name. It has been 5 months since their inqury shouldn't they have reported something by now? If there is a collection with them.

Is there a chance I can get it removed? (These are the only inquirires less than a year old) Or find out why they pulled my report without drawing attention to myself?

LTD is a CA in Texas. They are total scum. I know someone that had experiences with them. They would call several times a day. Leave threatening messages etc. Harrassed her family looking for her. No matter how much they were told not to call and who they were looking for did not live at that address, they ignored each and every time. LTD ended up settling the lawsuit. They violated all over the place. Have they started calling you yet? If so, I would definitely have my recorder ready to go when they call. It seems like they mostly collect for JDB's. I don't know if they deal with OC's. They may also purchase debts themselves as well. I'm not sure on that part. But I do know when they were after my friend, they were acting like a CA.

I have had limited experience with them. Just tons of calls and once in a while a letter. They never appeared on my reports.

If they send you anything in the mail, I would definitely DV them. They may go away with just that one DV.

I'm sure there are many on this board that know more about this area than I do but as far as I know, the only way to get them removed would be if you could establish that the CA did not have a permissible purpose to pull your credit.

If you do owe a debt or they have a legitimate reason to think you do, then that's about all they need for PP.

LTD is one of the companies, pre-FTC action, that received a chunk of the former CAMCO's worthless paper. Be very wary of how you deal with those snakes. Just follow all typical procedures for having anything removed, investigating PP, etc....

It is truly hard to tell how this will go...they have, I've heard, a propensity to violate frequently.

I have not gotten any letters from them and my phone number is private so I haven't gotten any calls.

I haven't updated my employer, address or phone numer since 2002 when everything went bad. I haven't applied for credit for anything just for that reason... If they can't find me they'll go away one day.

When verifing my info with EQ they asked and I refused, I do not want my # out.