Need to have success with Capital 1

Got FICO?

Does anyone have any success with Capital one? From what I see posted they are a hard company to deal with...........

I have disputed them twice before finding this board, each time they updated information on my CR. This time they changed their Remark AND upped the total balance by $7.00. Not a lot but does Capital One charge me for every dispute or is it accumulating interest?

They have me listed as having a CC with a 600 limit, which I may have had a CC but never with a 600 dollar limit. This is a closed and CO account and has been closed since 05/02. My CR list the est. date that it will come off my report is 04/08. I believe my SOL has run out, I have 5 years in my state.

I am going to start the DV process with them on Monday, does anyone have any suggestions because I feel like I am going into this blind? I really need to have this removed or settled positively.

Your best move will be here... http://creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml

If the balance on the account keeps increasing every time it's updated, more than likely it's accruing interest. Yes, an account can accrue interest after it's CO, depending on the agreement you signed and bank/state laws.

Thanks Earth Angel, let me ask you one quick question, I can tell you're very knowledgable from former posts.

I started comparing CR's on this Capital 1 account and there seems to be some information that is not the same on every report. For example:

TU

Balance 1101

Date updated:05/06

High Balance: 600

Date opened:08/01

date closed:05/02

EQ

Date opened: Not on record

Account # Not on record

Date of last activitiy: 05/01

C/O- account closed by credit grantor

EX

Date opened: 08/01

Date of status:06/02

Last payment: 10/01

C/O; Collection; BK 05/06

What puzzles me is that EQ mentions the date of last activity on 05/01 before the account is supposedly opened (TU and EX lists that as 08/01)?

What puzzles me is that EQ mentions the date of last activity on 05/01 before the account is supposedly opened (TU and EX lists that as 08/01)?

Then obviously, SOMEONE is reporting inaccurate info (whether it's Cap1 supplying incorrect data or the CRAs aren't investigating/entering data properly). This is why you'll need to dispute directly w/ the OC to correct this. Let them know of the discrepency, and that the FCRA states that if a furnisher reports, they MUST report ACCURATELY.

EX

Date opened: 08/01

Date of status:06/02

Last payment: 10/01

C/O; Collection; BK 05/06

Did you ever file BK? And if so, make sure you check to see if this CC was in fact included. If it was included, then the TL should read "Included in Bankruptcy".

Cap 1 is a nightmare to deal with. I had two cards with them (visa and MC) in the mid '90's. One I had paid off, and a few months later I filed ch7.

The idiots kept reporting the account that I had paid off and closed as "included in bankruptcy" It took me about six months of going back and forth between them and the CRA's to get it straightened out.

I keep hearing over and over that Cap 1 is horrible to deal with. I have never had a bankruptcy---should of done it, but I didn't.

I seriously dread doing this but I am glad this forum is here......just in case!

Couldn't I just call Equifax and tell them of the discrepancy; mail the actual TU report for further verification and push for a total deletion?

Couldn't I just call Equifax and tell them of the discrepancy; mail the actual TU report for further verification and push for a total deletion?

You do that and they'll just start a new investigation. They won't change the TL just b/c TU did. Do understand that CRAs are completely independent of each other. They conduct individual investigations and report as such. The most they will inform the other CRA about is a fraud alert or possible fraud activity; that's it! You'll have to tackle this via the OC.

I keep hearing over and over that Cap 1 is horrible to deal with. I have never had a bankruptcy---should of done it, but I didn't.

Actually what pushed me to file the BK was BOA. I had negotiated payment terms with them at X amount per month at 0% to be paid on a different due date. They agreed to this in writing.

Then they totally crapped out. Kept charging the full interest rate, the started charging late fees, which then turned into overlimit fees. Kept going back and forth with them with no luck.

Started getting the calls from their collections dept on a daily basis--two to three times a day. I just finally got so sick of it that after slamming the phone down on one, I grabbed teh phonebook and looked for a bankruptcy attorney in my area.

Called, had a consultation the next day, and retained his services. Left his office for home, and wasn't even in the door for two minutes when they called again. It felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO good to interrupt them and say "I just filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy-if you have any further quetions contact my attorney "Jenny at 867-5309"

Needless to say it was a burden off of my shoulders. In retrospect, I should have sued BOA but being younger and dumber at the time (I was 24 at the time), what did I know???..... But if I knew then what I know now................

Now I'm just going through the motions before filing suit against Capital Financial (not Cap1) for 10 violations of the Do Not Call Registry, plus Triad Financial (aka Roadloans.com) for pulling my file without my authorization. Can anyone recomend an attorney for this? I'm sick of these bastarges getting away with whatever they please. Time to start making them pay.