Med collections debt settlement letter?

Got FICO?

I currently have two collection accounts for medical bills that I didn't know that I had until I pulled my CR. They are from the same company. Do I send them a debt settlement letter contract stating if I pay in full then they will delete the TL from my CR?

These bills total 136.00; I don't care to pay them and have it off of my CR so I really don't want to go the D/V route. But what happens if they sign the contract saying they will delete and they don't? Could I send in the contract along with the payment verification to the CRA's? Would they delete it in that case? I just want to make sure that all my tracks are covered because I know I don't want a paid collection remaining on my CR.

This has probably been asked over and over but I have searched the site and really didn't see anything relevant to this question.

I currently have two collection accounts for medical bills that I didn't know that I had until I pulled my CR. They are from the same company. Do I send them a debt settlement letter contract stating if I pay in full then they will delete the TL from my CR?

These bills total 136.00; I don't care to pay them and have it off of my CR so I really don't want to go the D/V route. But what happens if they sign the contract saying they will delete and they don't? Could I send in the contract along with the payment verification to the CRA's? Would they delete it in that case? I just want to make sure that all my tracks are covered because I know I don't want a paid collection remaining on my CR.

This has probably been asked over and over but I have searched the site and really didn't see anything relevant to this question.

With collections, you have 2 choices: DV or pay for delete. What you are suggesting is the latter. This can be an effective method. It's your call.