ASSET Stated on my CR: Creditor Recently Located Individual

RSB

That comment has nothing to do w/ DV. It's just their way of trying to cover their butts...in case you claim that they never contacted you. They probably inserted the commented after receiving your DV. If they verify w/ the CRA b4 validating to you (that is if your DV was timely), then you'll have them on a violation. The comment itself could also be a violation (inaccurate reporting) if you can prove that they knew of your location b4 placing the comment on your CR (i.e. phone calls to your residence, dunning letters).

They did that to me at first Asset said "cannot locate individual". I Dv'd timely then they said "recently located individual" now it is back to "cannot locate individual". The thing is they just recently sent me a letter to settle with them for 65%. Still waiting for validation!

The only validation they sent was basic info with no proof the debt was even mine.

This is nothing new for Asset. Did you DV w/in 30 days of initial communication? Did you dispute w/ the CRA after Asset received your DV? Did Asset verify w/ the CRA? If your answer is "yes" to all of the questions, then you have Asset on violation for "continued collection activity". Just follow the DV flowchart for your next move.

Yes, I requested a validation within the 30 days and kept my reciepts and certified mail card as proof. I also wrote letters to the three credit bureaus and told them I was disputing Asset's report of a debt that not proven to be mine.

Thanks for your help.