Are there any PFD success stories?

trich701

I have been reading and I always see where people say that they are sending the letters, but have not yet seen the results posted. I have a debt that is 1 year old, a CO's balance from an old checking account. I DV the CA, and was mailed a copy of the bank info that I signed, along with my fingerprints :( , leaving little room for a valid dispute. I sent the CA a C&D, and advised them that I would settle the debt with the OC. I am willing to pay, but only for a deletion.

Thoughts?

Your OC may not own the debt anymore.

But yes, I have gotten a PFD, just recently. It was a for a $650 debt, which was recent and I did owe it. It was only late becasue I was in the hospital during the time I was supposed to get back to them, so they reported me. It should fall off by the 1st of July.

Ive successfully negotiated about 7 positive PFD's since Jan. Most eneryone was helpful with this of,course I give the information on this website the credit (no pun intended!!!!!)......

Derek

6/06 01/06

EXP: 622 EXP:501

TU: 621 TU: 494

EQU: 614 EQU:481

Would those of you who have succesfully negotiated a PFD please share with us the CA's and what methods you used that worked for you? I've tried to negotiate a PFD with a couple of CA's but have been unsuccessful so far. The only thing I get is that yes, they agree to my terms for settlement (although I am offering to pay in full) and that they will update the record to show Paid In Full when what I'm asking for is a PFD.

TIA,

Lee

I guess remember who you are talking to and spell it out for them.

I told AFNI: "If I pay this bill I want you to remove it from my credit report." I am not denying the fact that I once had an account with Cingular Wireless." I want this negative information removed from my credit report. " I couldnt get the "nice"person on the other end of the phone to understand this so I spoke with a "Team Leader" He assured me that once the balance was paid it would be deleted. I really spent time with this guy and made sure he understood what I wanted. He did send me a letter stating that "when this matter is handled you will be taken care of." The Team leader wanted payment over the phone but was happy to wait for a money order. I mailed him a money order for the bal. and He held to his word. Just to be sure I was protected I called and spoke with him again after the MO cleared and he faxed me a paid in full/deletion letter.

Point is if you are talking on the phone -record the conversation.

-if one person isnt "understanding you" or they are being bull-headed ask to speak to someone else. perhaps a supervisor. Be prepared to stay on the phone for awhile though. Explain what you want-use small syllable words though (remember who you are talking to).

I have never negotiated a PFD through the mail. I simply do not have the patience for that.... My knowledge is limited to what ive read on this site and if anyone wants to critique this post feel free but be gentle.....

D

If its yours pay it....If it isnt FIGHT LIKE HELL TO PROVE IT!!!!

I'm in the same situation I have a co for $52 called the CA and OC explained my situation that I did not know a check had been returned b/c we moved out of state and closed my acct thinking everything had cleared. Both said NO!

I tried the line it is not illegal for you not to report and can be done. Their response you have a debt that needs paid once paid we will note the account as paid in full. We do not PFD at this agency. I feel like giving up on this one. It's only $52 and I know I owe it but was just unaware of it until 3 months ago (4yrs later) when I pulled my reports.