CA responded to PFD....

jc72

I was talking to a CA (i know, i know) but I have a summons that I am paying on this week...

I mentioned a PFD and all she said was it's against their "RCW"...

I was happy with the fact that she was giving me a week extra to pay the summons, so I didn't argue...

but what would have been a good defense to come back with??

Um, paying the debt does not stop the summons to court. They must dismiss the proceedings and the court must notify you it is dismissed. If not dismissed and you don't show, they can double-up the costs against you. Collector probably didn't tell you that, did they?

:oops:

This is a CA I have dealt with before. I had a summons from them a few years ago for about $600, made payments over 3 months, never had any problems.

I also had a summons with another local CA after that, and I made payments with them too, never any problems...

So I am paying this on the 2nd. What else should I do? Request that the summons be dismissed?