Mysterious disappearance of tradelines

Two JDB tradelines vanished suddenly four days ago from EX according to TC. They're still on TU but I had them removed from EQ about two months ago via reinsertion tactic. :p

I am not currently disputing them with any CRA. I disputed both tradelines last November and they were verified. :twisted:

I guess my question is, should these accounts reappear, could I again use the reinsertion strategy? I have no idea why they're suddenly gone. I'm happy but hesitant to do the happy dance. :cool:

Hold the dancin' until you receive an official letter stating that the TLs were deleted. If you receive the letter and then later, the TLs are reinserted, then you could use the "reinsertion" defense to try to get them removed. But remember...it's not that a TL cannot be reinserted; the CRAs just have to notify you w/in 5 days of it and the furnisher must certify that the information is accurate.

Do CRAs routinely send a letter when a tradeline has been deleted out of the blue like this? If so, would the reason for deletion matter for such a letter? I'm hoping that the JDB has passed it on or something but I feel like it's probably a mistake - either by the JDB or the CRA. This JDB usually updates these tradelines every month so I hope I get a letter. :please:

Actually, the letter is usually mailed informing the consumer of the investigation results. So, of course...if a furnisher opts to remove the TL w/o the consumer requesting an investigation, then you won't receive a letter. However, the reinsertion requirement per the FDCPA is part of the "disputed accuracy" statute (§ 611). I don't think it would apply to a furnisher who voluntary removes an account from a consumer's report.

Oh Okay. That's what I was initially thinking. I did review the FCRA reinsertion section before posting but I was hoping it was vague enough to use this as a strategy to keep it off. For instance, is there a time limit? I did dispute this back in November and even though it was verified, I still dispute it. :wink: I know I was splitting hairs here. :hmmmmm: I appreciate your responses Earthangel. :)++

So are there any thoughts as to why this has occured all-of-a-sudden? Do the CRAs make mistakes like this?

So are there any thoughts as to why this has occured all-of-a-sudden? Do the CRAs make mistakes like this?

Don't really know. It happened to me once back in October (just when I applied for my Target & Chevron cards :lol:); but it was re-reported in January ( :evil: ). It happens, but mostly w/o an explanation of why. I don't know if it was a "mistake" by EQ or if the furnisher removed it for some unknown reason & decided to re-report as an act to continue collecting. So...keep ya fingers crossed and hopefully, it won't return. :wink: