ALONDRA

Summary for Judgement

I just got a letter in the mail for summary for judgement in August. I am being sued from LVNV assignee for Sears the lawyers ar W&A. I responded to the summons when I got served with the papers for lawsuit. I have no income to pay them. I live off ssi. I have no bank accounts with money. I live in the state of Texas. In the state of Texas they can't put a garnishment against your home or wages. I have told them and written letters to them I have no money to pay. What should I expect at the summary for judgement? What papers should I take with me? Should I supply a copy of my ssi check with a copy of all my utility bills that I pay? Do you think that would work for me. I am being sued for 5500.00 and I recieve only get less than 500.00 a month for ssi. Please advise what do I do?

1. Who is suing you? LUVN

2. For how much? 5500.00

3. Who is the original creditor? SEARS

4. How do you know you are being sued? PAPERS WERE SERVED AT HOME

5. How were you served? Were you served? AT HOME BY A PROCESSOR

6. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? LETTERS IN THE MAIL

7. Where do you live? TX

8. When is the last time you paid on this account? 02/02

9. What is the status of your case (if anything has been opened)? You can find this by a) calling the court or B) looking it up online (many states have this information posted daily). SUMMARY FOR JUDGEMENT

10. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?) NO

11. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? If not, don't bother doing this now. NO

12. Did you receive an interrogatory (questionnaire) regarding the lawsuit? NO

1. Who is suing you? LUVN

Is the law firm Wolproff and Abrahmson?

6. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? LETTERS IN THE MAIL

7. Where do you live? TX

8. When is the last time you paid on this account? 02/02

If this is the case, the SOL for debts in TX is 4 years and you would have an absolute defense. When did they file the paperwork/was the court date.

9. What is the status of your case (if anything has been opened)? You can find this by a) calling the court or B) looking it up online (many states have this information posted daily). SUMMARY FOR JUDGEMENT

So this judgment has been granted?

If the answer to the last question was no, then you should have gotten something with details requiring a response. Did you respond at all?

Yes the law firm is W&A.

The paper work was filed two days before the SOL limits.

I didn't get a questioonaire.

The judgement has not been granted as of yet.

The only thing I did get was a summons which I did answered within the allotted time to the court. I just told them I had no money to pay that I lived off ssi check and that was my only income.

The only thing I did get was a summons which I did answered within the allotted time to the court. I just told them I had no money to pay that I lived off ssi check and that was my only income.

If I were you, I'd file an amended answer and deny everyting but your name and address. You still have some defenses: I'll be W&A had nothing by way of evidence in the summons. You can demand proof from them that it is your debt.

Claiming you have no money is irrelevent and is not a good defense, I'm sorry to say.