Transunion no longer has a phone?

I called TU just yesterday. I got the number off the back page of my recent credit report. 1-800-916-8800.

Good luck understanding them though. I think I said "what" and "can you repeat that" about 100 times! :dunno:

Thanks much! I looked all over our credit report and didn't see a phone number. They did the weirdest thing. When we tried to dispute, they sent a letter stating, "TransUnion's records do not allow the area code of your telephone number."

That's a new one on me! And that paper doesn't have a phone number, either! I'll let you know what I find out about it.

I've always gotten a true-blue American at Experian, but it hasn't stopped them from being stupid, incompetent and rude. Those charming features know no nationality. I'd rather deal with a friendly, respectful and competent foreign rep than a rude, insolent and stupid "homegrown" rep any day!!

All I want is a CSR who treats me with respect, and if they don't know the answer to my problem, to happily find me someone who does. I don't care where they are located, what their native language is or whether their name is really Sandra or Sanjay. I just want them to DO THEIR JOB!!! And most of them DO NOT!!!

I hear ya! I don't care either what country you're from or what color you are. I'm certainly not a hater - my kids are biracial and I live in Iowa! xsheepx I deal with racism quite a lot. However, when the only method of communication is via a telephone, it helps a great deal when English is spoken in an articulate manner.

I never get nasty when I can't understand someone because English is obviously not their first language, but many times the rep gets frustrated with me because I ask them to please repeat what they just said. It's unfortunate and frustrating for both parties. xhitwallx

Oh, absolutely. It is very frustrating when anyone--no matter where they come from--doesn't understand what you're talking about when it comes to something as important as your finances or your health! Drives me nuts too!

I've dealt with rude, incompetent CSRs at EX who might be native English-speakers, but they haven't got a clue of what the law is, or they refuse to let you finish a sentence because they assume they know that you're going to say. And they are as nasty as the day is long. You start out being nice but you lose patience before long because they don't seem at all interested in helping you, or even listening to you! They have this one-size-fits-all mentality, as if your particular details and circumstances don't matter... all they know is what's in their script. They want everything to fit into their nice little list of codes and they don't want to hear anything that deviates from it.

:evil::evil: OK, now I'm all in a lather again!!