LVNV Factoring Acct - what's the next step?

safyre

LVNV bought a Best Buy account of mine and they are listing it as an open factoring account. The DLA of the original account is May 2003. I'm in Texas so I have one more year on the SOL and cannot be sued. The amount is right under 1500.

LVNV has not contacted me yet.

The CRA's verified the debt.

I've read about the nastiness of these people and am wondering how/if I should proceed. Simple dispute letter? Validation? I know I'll get that pointless Moon letter. Should I just wait until the SOL is out then go at 'em?

The only people I have read that have been sucessful in defeating their illegal reporting ways have had to sue - should I just prepare myself for that?

We are in line for the purchase of a new home in December. We already have a loan but if I could get these guys gone, our interest rate would drop a tad.

Persistence and following the procedures outlined on this site should eventually get the entry at least corrected if not removed. However, you need to keep in mind that getting an entry removed from your bureau does nothing about the underlying debt and you may yet have to settle it.

I would do whatever is necessary, including court action, to not let them get away with illegal tactics.