Paid Tax lien-cancelled, can remove?

HOOT

A paid tax lien can stay on your credit reports for seven years from the date paid. Unfortunately, public records generally do not come from the courts directly, but through data collector companies like Lexis-Nexis and are then sold to the CRAs.

What this means is public records can be a b*&ch to get removed. The CRAs won't remove it unless the furnisher says it is incorrect. But because the furnisher is not the tax authority, the government agency has no ability to request it's removal.

Most of us that have gotten public docs removed have had to do so by going to the courts and getting copies of the documents (or letters showing lack thereof) and beat the CRAs over the head with them repeatedly until they comply.

Thanks! I tell you I had a tax lien withdrawn/cancelled by state and already sent to courts, but keeps getting verified. I am waiting on a copy of that now by the state to show proof. The tax liens I referred to in my first post are paid property taxes. In this town they actually cancel and not do the release thing. So maybe if I have copies I can get removed. Do hope.