A thought on the Experian and address problem....

OK so reading through the FCRA....

Section 605(h) Notice of Discrepancy in Address--basically states that if a person requesting a CR with an address different than the one on file, the CRA must notify the requester of the discrepancy.

It goes on to say that if the user establishes a relationship with the consumer and regularly furnishes information to the CRA, then THEY must reconcile the address of the consumer as part of the information regularly furnished by the user.

Any thoughts on using this section to our advantage?????

It goes on to say that if the user establishes a relationship with the consumer and regularly furnishes information to the CRA, then THEY must reconcile the address of the consumer as part of the information regularly furnished by the user.

Which they - the CRA or the furnisher?

The way I read it..."they" is referring to the "user" or "furnisher" of information. (Pulling out high school English class...the "user" is the subject in the first phrase,so then "they" is referring to the subject in the first phrase) Right????

then THEY must reconcile the address of the consumer as part of the information regularly furnished by the user.

Well in that case, this only backs up what the CRA's say about furnishers of the info being depended on as being 'correct'. Not you or me. SURELY the furnishers know more about our names and addressed than we do. :roll:

I think the more important fact, seems to be that the CRAs are required to notify the furnisher that there is a discrepency in the address being provided and then if the furnisher continues to report info on the consumer then the furnisher is required to update to the current address.

Am I crazy????

No, that makes sense. The only time I've ever seen a CRA care though, is when I applied for credit and my address was different than the one I applied with (which is a crazy cycle since they won't fix that sh*t!!!).

I doubt the CRA's ever call up a subscriber and say "LISTEN. Your stuff doesn't match ours. Which one's right? Fix it, okay?"