• 5 months later...

I just got a "pre-qualified" offer in the mail from Juniper Platinum Master card - I wasnt sure if I should take the hit on my CR to try for it - and of course the person at the other end (the application dept) had no idea which CR agency they pull or any minimum scores needed.....

So I bit the bullet and went for it anyway....

Got approved - $850 limit 9.9% fixed APR purchases/bal transfers - no annual fee - 3% bal transfer fee

(have Bankruptcy on record from 6/04) -

My scores (from 7/06):

TU - 668

EQ - 654

EX - 681

Still not sure which one they used?? But whichever one - it must have been ok??

Jodi

I just got a "pre-qualified" offer in the mail from Juniper Platinum Master card - I wasnt sure if I should take the hit on my CR to try for it - and of course the person at the other end (the application dept) had no idea which CR agency they pull or any minimum scores needed.....

So I bit the bullet and went for it anyway....

Got approved - $850 limit 9.9% fixed APR purchases/bal transfers - no annual fee - 3% bal transfer fee

(have Bankruptcy on record from 6/04) -

My scores (from 7/06):

TU - 668

EQ - 654

EX - 681

Still not sure which one they used?? But whichever one - it must have been ok??

Jodi

I'd say TU, but I've heard scattered reports of EX pulls lately. Since this is a generic Juniper card, you'll be getting a free credit score every month. Congrats on the approval!

Is their free credit score every month a real FICO score (if so, which one?) or is it a FAKO???

And I did go for the $1 - 2 month Privacy guard trial offer too (I'll probably kick my self later) - havent gotten all the details on that yet - other than I know I can pull my 3 reports monthly......

do they also give you a "real" score or ??

Thanks,

Jodi

Is their free credit score every month a real FICO score (if so, which one?) or is it a FAKO???

And I did go for the $1 - 2 month Privacy guard trial offer too (I'll probably kick my self later) - havent gotten all the details on that yet - other than I know I can pull my 3 reports monthly......

do they also give you a "real" score or ??

Thanks,

Jodi

The search button is your friend. If you search for Juniper free score, and read all the way through the most recent threads, you'll find the answers to your questions are already here.

• 2 weeks later...
Sweet! I just got approved for the Carnival Sea Miles MasterCard with a $500 limit. I immediately tried for the Air Tran Rewards Platinum but got the "We need more time" response. Thanks for the info all.

That's typical with Juniper, but generally they won't give a 2nd card when they give a $500 limit on the first. I have $1000 on my first with them and $500 on the second.

ETA: by typical, I mean the 2nd card isn't instant approval even if the first was.

I'm gonna wait until Orchard reports my last payment of $100 so that it looks better on Experian and then I can try for a card or two that only pulls Experian. Up until now I thought a 655 fico was an ok score to get at least some subprime cards considering a year ago my FICO was 500 I am trying not to get to discourged. :roll: I only have (2) inquiries from 2005 on that report. Guess you just never know who will approve you. I really feel that not having enough tradelines is why Hooters turned me down. :dunno:

Sorry about Hooters, but have you tried for a Chevron card, yet? A score of 655 is perdy good! GOSH, what are these idiots doing upping the stakes??? Not right.

Elyse

Sorry about Hooters, but have you tried for a Chevron card, yet? A score of 655 is perdy good! GOSH, what are these idiots doing upping the stakes??? Not right.

Elyse

Thanks for your suggestion Elyse. Actually, I posted that back in June.:lol: Lots has changed. I actually tried again in November and got approved for the Hooters card. :Pasties: Then I got all excited...:oops: and went on an applying spree. :roll: I got approved for Dell, Walmart and Target and also Crown Jewelers had just started reporting. Of course I also got denied for a couple of cards I applied to. :? That ended my spree. :) I am now paying all these on-time and letting them age a little then I can try and apply for some better cards or I can try to start asking for some CL increases. I couldn't even start to guess what my FICO scores look like now. :)++

Thanks for your suggestion Elyse. Actually, I posted that back in June.:lol: Lots has changed. I actually tried again in November and got approved for the Hooters card. :Pasties: Then I got all excited...:oops: and went on an applying spree. :roll: I got approved for Dell, Walmart and Target and also Crown Jewelers had just started reporting. Of course I also got denied for a couple of cards I applied to. :? That ended my spree. :) I am now paying all these on-time and letting them age a little then I can try and apply for some better cards or I can try to start asking for some CL increases. I couldn't even start to guess what my FICO scores look like now. :)++

WHOOOPS! That's what I get for not getting the date!! Thanks for sharing your progression though. I need all the info I can get. For awhile all I was doing was credit repair (disputes, settlement offers, etc) and had NO positive TL and was stupid enough to wonder..."how come my score isn't going up?" LOL...well, DUH! Anyway...thanks again for sharing. I'm still WAAAY down on the totem pole, but inching my way up.

Elyse