Disputed address with EX, now fraud alert with all CRAs,

eastoutwest

I found three addresses on my Experian report at which I have never resided. As they won't allow you to dispute addresses online, I phone a representative to dispute these addresses, and two permutations of my name which I never use.

I spoke with a customer service rep at EX about the three false addresses and two false names on my report-- and mentioned that one of them had been used to open a fraudulent cell phone account, but that I had disputed that acct., and everything was off of my report and fixed now.

I signed on to True Credit to check on a few things today, and got this notice about being sent a verifying document (to the wrong address mind you). I phoned True Credit and they said that Experian had placed a fraud alert on all of my credit reports because of the address dispute.

Is this normal procedure? I don't need my credit right now, but I don't want to have to phone for an override every time I want to pull my True Credit report.

Experian, put bluntly, are a$$holes. They usually flat out refuse to change addresses. They don't care what you report to them, only what their subscribers report. TU does this as well, they would NOT correct my name (I sent in copies of my DL and SS card!!!), but it looks like I was able to get all my addresses knocked off except for my current and previous one. I have NO idea how I accomplished that. A suggestion I saw here that I am gong to try, is going to the Usps.com website, plugging in the addresses, and sending the CRA's the printouts that these weird addresses on my report don't exist.

I encourage people to post when they have problems getting their information corrected with CRA's, because I am trying to work on getting something done about this.

You won't have to call them everytime you want to view/update your TC report. You just call once; they fix the problem; and you'll be able to pull every day until you cancel the service.

I spoke with a customer service rep at EX about the three false addresses and two false names on my report-- and mentioned that one of them had been used to open a fraudulent cell phone account, but that I had disputed that acct., and everything was off of my report and fixed now.

That's why. EX normally do this when you dispute items that you claim were due to fraudulent activity; when you disputed the same TL for continuously w/ the "not mine" dispute reason; or if you request it. If you don't want a fraud alert on your file, just submit a request in writing w/ a copy of your DL & utility bill.