C & D

FeralBug

Paragon Way Inc. keeps sending collection letters to my wifes mothers house. We do not know how they got her mothers address and why they are sending it there.

It is for a $300 check that she had gotten a cash advance on. She had paid it prior to it going to collection with the first collection agency Marauder Corp.

She had disputed the collection for Marauder Corp. with Experian.

Experian had concluded that it was a paid account and had it removed from her credit. Experian said that they could not reinsert the collection.

Her mother gets 3 letters a month. Its the same account, but Marauder reported it under 3 different account numbers on the original credit report.

Experian removed all 3 collections from the credit report.

So I am assuming since Marauder could not collect on it because she paid the original creditor that they sold it to Paragon Way at a discount or something and now they are trying to collect on the same accounts.

I do not know if Marauder is reporting on the credit report, because we have not ran the credit again.

How should this be handled?

C&D to Paragon Way? Do I provide proof it has been paid to Paragon?

Dispute with Paragon and Credit Agencies? What if they are not reporting?

Do I provide proof to Credit Agencies?

Thanks for the help!

Here is what the letter says...

It's All Up To You!

We have not hear from you since we sent you a letter 35 days ago rearding the $325 you on the above-refrenced account. We are continuing to collect this debt, and do not intend to stop until this account is satisfied.

Why not pay your outstanding balance and take care of this acount once and for all? You would save yourself the inconvenience of further collection calls and letters. Simply mail in your payment using the payment coupon above and the enclosed envelope....or on phone, etc.

Federal law requires us to inform you that we may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report. This information may already appear on your credit report. If it has already been reported, then this may not have an adverse impact on your credit score.

This is communication from a debt collector....etc.

I would modify the following to fit your needs.

To whom it may concern:

You are hereby notified under provisions of Public Laws 95-109 and 99-361, also known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, that your services are no longer desired.

I believe that this debt is not valid, thus uncollectible and unenforceable by your agency. As a result, I consider this matter closed and trust you will reflect the same in your files.

1. You and your organization must CEASE & DESIST all attempts to collect the above debt. Failure to comply with this law will result in my immediately filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the Texas Attorney General's office. I will pursue all criminal and civil claims against you and your company.

2. Let this letter also serve as your warning that I may utilize telephone recording devices in order to document any telephone conversations that we may have in the future.

3. Furthermore, if any negative information is placed on my credit bureau reports (including “hard pulls” of my credit information) by your agency after receipt of this notice, this will cause me to file suit against you and your organization, both personally and corporately, to seek any and all legal remedies available to me by law.