True Credit VS. MyFico scores...

JustANewbie

So I pulled fico scores and CRs from both TC and MYFICO. There is a big difference in the scores (about 55 points each). Any idea which one might be a closer reflection of the actual score?

Just curious.

Thanks.

The scores from MyFico are a better reflection of the actual fico score.

The scores from TC are a better reflection of the TC score.

But what you're asking - Myfico is your FICO score. That's generally what lenders use. The Fico score you get from myfico may be different than what lenders pull (I've heard theirs different models for mortgage or auto).

When I applied for my mortgage, the scores on MyFico were identical to what the lender pulled.

So, if I'm monitoring my credit through TrueCredit or any other monitoring service, how do I know what to dispute, or re-dispute if the information is not accurate? How can I know the information was not corrected? For instance, I had a CRA reporting 30-days late for April on a car loan that was paid off back in 2004. I wrote GMAC and the CRA stating it was an obvious error that needed to be corrected. To this date, Truecredit is still showing it as a 30-day late. How do I know if I need to follow up and that it has not already been corrected. The same for any CA's that I have challenged?

So, if I'm monitoring my credit through TrueCredit or any other monitoring service, how do I know what to dispute, or re-dispute if the information is not accurate? How can I know the information was not corrected? For instance, I had a CRA reporting 30-days late for April on a car loan that was paid off back in 2004. I wrote GMAC and the CRA stating it was an obvious error that needed to be corrected. To this date, Truecredit is still showing it as a 30-day late. How do I know if I need to follow up and that it has not already been corrected. The same for any CA's that I have challenged?

Are you sure that you're updating your report (& not just logging in and seeing the same report)? TC does update; so if the 30-day late is showing, then it probably is still reporting. To make sure, order your report from the CRA that is reporting the late. If it's still reporting, then dispute it directly w/ that CRA.