Question: Regarding my Law Suit with Comcast

I hope this is the right Forum to post this (Newbie here :? )

I'm in the process of suing Comcast Cable, in a Small Claims Court in Tucson Az, for the amount of $2,500.00 for the following violations.

1. Did not validate the debt withing a 30 day period.

2. Continued to report the debt while pending a investigation.

3. Continued collection activity, while I requested a valadation.

I made every effort to address this issue with the OC, however this never happened, they just wouldn't respond, and they kept reporting me to the Big 3 over a $70.00 charge that I was not sure was mine, note this listing was on my Credit Report since 2004. They used a Credit Collection Agency by the name of CMI, located in TX, and who is not listed in AZ to do business, (another volation- Iam going to be suing them next).

So to cut this short, I filed for a Default due to the fact they did not answer my filing, which I had to file twice due to the fact I got the Agents address wrong (Funny Comcast is Comcast) I filed with there home office in PA and with the Agent here in Tucson, and they just now answered my Default.

Quetion WHY, I got them on clear violations, and there still going to fight in Court IS THERE SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW ABOUT.

Would like a opinion, what kind of game plan they might be playing.

Thanks folks

Be well.

I hope this is the right Forum to post this (Newbie here :? )

I'm in the process of suing Comcast Cable, in a Small Claims Court in Tucson Az, for the amount of $2,500.00 for the following violations.

1. Did not validate the debt withing a 30 day period. Does AZ have a time limit?

2. Continued to report the debt while pending a investigation. They can continue to report but should mark it in dispute

3. Continued collection activity, while I requested a valadation. Just wondering what they did to continue to collect?

I made every effort to address this issue with the OC, however this never happened, they just wouldn't respond, and they kept reporting me to the Big 3 over a $70.00 charge that I was not sure was mine, note this listing was on my Credit Report since 2004. They used a Credit Collection Agency by the name of CMI, located in TX, and who is not listed in AZ to do business, (another volation- Iam going to be suing them next).

So to cut this short, I filed for a Default due to the fact they did not answer my filing, which I had to file twice due to the fact I got the Agents address wrong (Funny Comcast is Comcast) I filed with there home office in PA and with the Agent here in Tucson, and they just now answered my Default.

Quetion WHY, I got them on clear violations, and there still going to fight in Court IS THERE SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW ABOUT.

Would like a opinion, what kind of game plan they might be playing.

Thanks folks

Be well.

someone please correct me if I made incorrect comments

Thanks

It doesn't look to me that you have a very strong case.

It is likely that the judge is going to view this as frivolous litigation. Your best bet is if they don't show up and default.

Unless AZ has strong consumer laws against OCs, you are in for an unpleasant experience.