3 deleted, 2 not

carol

Thanks to all... I have written many times and I did get two big credit cards deleted from credit bureau. One small credit card.

Sams club and Good Year remained....Did send them letters and have green cards...

Disputed with credit Bureau once and then second time sent copies of green cards and said they did not verify that debt was mine. Came back verified again....

Never received any bill or letter from sam's club or CA... saw it on credit report. I then had written the CA the validation letter.

They lied... CA sent me a letter stating that the time to dispute has passed and they are entitled to assume that the debt is valid.... ACT, 15 U.S.C. 1692 (FDCPA) The debt is only for 300$

Another question.....Are CA's allowed to tell a wife about the husband's debt?

Is the wife allowed to make a deal with them on the phone about making payments on the husband's debt? All of you gave me the guts to clear up my credit. Thanks again, Carol

They may be entitled to ASSume the debt is valid but they do not gain an exemption from FDCPA and FCRA.

Continued reporting with knowledge of errors or reason to believe that report may be in error is a violation. If your collector doesn't own the debt, that means the OC does. Time to call the OC and see if you can get a zero balance statement from them.

That's reasonable proof that you don't owe anything. Forward copy to CA with warning about reporting errors. Copy the letter to your regional FTC office or AG or someone. Just so they know someone else is seeing your letter. See what happens then.

Thanks, will call OC and see what happens... Good Year is not with an CA.

Sams club is.

Are CA's allowed to tell the wife about her husband's debt? Is the wife able to make payment arragments with the CA's on her hsuband's debt's with the CA's ? Thanks, Carol

Hello

Called Good Year.... Did not make any sense. She told me that I opened the account on 2,000 and then I told her that i do not have any credit cards and she then gave me a phone number and told me that I would have to call this number and talk to them.

Phone # 1-800-978-8800 I called and the recorder said citi card which is not listed on my credit report but listed as Goodyear...Never received any bill from citi card.

She did not want to stay on the phone with me. I sent GoodYear the validation letters.

I guess this is what she told the credit bureau's as well.

Now what ? Thanks, Carol

I found a letter that I had sent to Good Year On Feb. 2006....No wonder she did not want to talk with me.

A sample letter...."If you don't provide me within 30 days the information (as required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureau with accurate information. To avoid a lawsuite, i request, " accunt closed." Etc.

They have never provided any information to me and never removed the listing from the credit bureau...

It took her some time to fine me in the computer, so i am sure there is no signed contract. Thanks, Carol