Unsure of next step - need help

4goodcredit2

Hello everyone,

I will try to be brief but concise. I had a collection that has been sold twice and now SureTech has it and they are not going backing down. The debt is for a repo done in 2004 from Traid (engine gone in truck) long story. Anyway, when I received the 1st letter from SureTech back in April of this year I DV them asking for proof, they never sent me anything, and kept calling me at work and at home (sometimes at work they would have me paged --if you zero out to the operator you can page anyone) I have continued to ask for validation (which out a second DV letter) have them on some phone recordings but nothing major as to abuse or anything well just last week they did fax me a copy of the contract and the deficiency of sale (which I never received from Triad) my question is

1) Is that validation - the original contract and the deficiency (I know it is a dumb question but I am new to this)

2) The amount to what they are reporting on my CR is 18K but the letter states 13K after truck sold and the amount on my CR from Traid is 11K.

What should I do, send a second DV letter or try to settle (they did offer a 4K settlement - which I don't have)? I have contacted a lawyer, because they have had some violations, and the attorney wants me to keep recording our conversations (i don't want to talk to them-scared really)

Help Please

A lot of this will depend on your state's law. In some states they are required to furnish certain things to you in order for the deficiency to be claimed. Search the repo threads here and read them all. I know it's frustrating and takes a long time, but it will help. It will help you to put your state on your profile.