Which card/hope to raise score

Hi Folks. :-)

For YEARS I have told my hubby NOT to have a cc. I have taken 2 financial classes, and they all say NO to c cards. Problem is our low score has not raise more than 20 points in the past 2 years! ant this is with FOUR paid NEVER late cars paid in full on our credit. :-( I am baffled!

We are hoping to get a card and hopefully raise out score a bit in the next couple months to buy a home. We have Bank of America.. Should we do a secured? ( I am assuming that means they'll approve us for however much we have in savings right? )

My hubby has a 600 score, I have 550. Should we do B of A secured our household? ANY other suggestions? We VERY much appreciate any advice! Alida

Nothing to be baffled about. You don't use credit, therefore there's nothing to raise your credit score... which is an indication of how you use credit.

Read through the stickies and search the forums. Poke around for a while, then come back with specific questions about what you've found. That's easier for everyone, so we don't have to reinvent the wheel. :D

I have taken 2 financial classes, and they all say NO to c cards. Problem is our low score has not raise more than 20 points in the past 2 years! ant this is with FOUR paid NEVER late cars paid in full on our credit. :-( I am baffled!

That information is based on ignorance. They are still a lot of places that preach that which is fine if you are willing to be a cash-based individual. But if you want to improve your credit situation, you have to understand what credit is.

Please take time to read through the posts and threads to find out more about credit. There is a lot of good information here.