What should I do?

miawpk

I am selling my house in Florida but do not have it listed yet. A friend of mine wants the house but do not want to go through a real estate agency because of additional money and commission fees ordeal. He has been pre-approved by the bank and has the money that I want for my house to payoff my mortgage.

My question is What are my opinions? FSBO or what a title agent, or a real estate lawyer.

I am selling my house in Florida but do not have it listed yet. A friend of mine wants the house but do not want to go through a real estate agency because of additional money and commission fees ordeal. He has been pre-approved by the bank and has the money that I want for my house to payoff my mortgage.

My question is What are my opinions? FSBO or what a title agent, or a real estate lawyer.

You definetly don't need or want a real estate agent, but you probably already knew that.

If you go to a title company, they can probably give you all the forms you need to do for this transaction, but I'd also look into a real estate attorney and see what kind of fee they'd charge for helping to prepare the docs.

I'd call a couple different title companies and see what kind of requirements they might have.

I'd pay title company and/or attorney fees using the earnest money you're hopefully collecting.

Thinking more about this,

It wouldn't hurt to talk to a few real estate agents. Let them know you have a buyer and this will be a quick sale. Offer 1 to 1.5%. Tell them there is no buyer's agent, no open houses, no mls listing requirement, no advertising, etc. Just help with the necessary docs to close with this particular buyer.

You *might* get an agent to jump at this offer. It's easy cash for them with much less work involved vs a traditional listing.

And if noone takes you up on that offer, no harm done.

In Florida you need a lawyer.

There is no need to involve a realtor in this. The attny can draw up the documents for you. Small charge and then you know that it is done correctly.

You should have a lawyer for all transactions like this even if you were not in Florida.

Sometimes the 500 or so may seem a lot and if there are no problems it may seem a lot. If there are problems it will be a great value. Sort of the reason you have insurance policies.

Charles