Collection Gurus!

katsr

If the CA sells the account.. they CAN NOT continue to report. Only ONE collection agency can report on a credit report at a time.

If they sell the account they have to take their listing off and allow the NEW CA to report it. The OC may report but if they sold the account it must be listed as sold/transferred with a 0 balance.

To my knowledge the CA has not sold it yet. My concern is that although they own the account, they are reporting it with a zero balance so I can't DV the amount. I've been pretty insistent with both the OC and the CA about the amount they say I owe and they're dodging it big time. If the CA says I owe them money, don't they have to say how much?

If the CA sells the account.. they CAN NOT continue to report. Only ONE collection agency can report on a credit report at a time.

No, they can't continue to report, but they have no obligation to remove their listing if it has a zero balance because they've sold it off to someone else. In this way there can be more than one CA listing the account. I thought?

If they sell the account they have to take their listing off and allow the NEW CA to report it. I've never heard of this before. I thought that they just had to zero it out, just like the OC.

The OC may report but if they sold the account it must be listed as sold/transferred with a 0 balance.

Would you mind posting where this info comes from? If I'm wrong I welcome the correction. Thanks :)