Validation question.

Ruby

Hello everyone, my name is Ruby. Im a newbie at this so i'll try my best to be as clear as possilbe. I sent the "sample letter#9-->validate my debt" to cap 1. They wrote back to me and gave me the 3 last months of activity on my account. They also wrote "Because you applied for your account by phone or on the internet, we do not have a paper copy of your application on file to send you. We do, however, have a copy of your customer agreement on file and have enclosed it as you requested.

P.S. I can't believe people like you guys actually exist! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST, EVEN IF I DON'T GET NOTHING DONE. YOU GUYS PROVIDE EXCELLENT INFO!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Ruby!!! :)++ We're glad that you found us as well. There's an abundance of information here for you to learn. Read, absorb, and apply. For starters, here's something to learn...

I sent the "sample letter#9-->validate my debt" to cap 1.

DVs are to be sent to CAs, not OCs. They still supplied you w/ what you asked for, but do know that they didn't have to (unless your state laws allow it).

I'm not to sure but I think that Cap1 never sent me to a CA. They have me in there own Collections department. If they don't have to show me validation, then who does? And if I made a contract to phone or email how would they validate. Recording or something?

If they don't have to show me validation, then who does?

You need to read the Debt Validation link above. It'll explain the process and who you should DV.

And if I made a contract to phone or email how would they validate. Recording or something?

A contract is not necessary unless you're disputing that you even owned the account. They can provide statements, payments you made on the account, etc.

got it, got it, GOT IT!! WOW!! why didnt I get that the first time I read it? So I guess its just best to try and settle with CAP1. I'll study settlement methods before I go and do that.