Clear to Close

ellen79

First off, thanks to all for all of the helpful information on this site. I have been lurking and reading since 2004 and am now ready to purchase my first home. The closing is scheduled for July 14th. My file was sent to the underwriter late last week and approval with conditions was sent on Monday. We have provided the additional requested information, and my mortgage broker said I should have a clear to close by Monday or Wednesday because of the holiday. Once the clear to close is issued, does this mean everything is all clear, i.e. that there are no more hoops to jump through and no more credit reports pulled? I just want the peace of mind that my financing is securely in place.

Yes.

"Clear to Close" means that all of the conditions to grant a loan have been cleared off and the loan is ready to go to the department that sends the documents to the attny or the title company (depending on your state and situation)

Congratulations:::

I know that this is a stressful type situation. Even knowing that you are approved you still will probably worry until you get the keys and have been told that the deed is recorded.

Enjoy the weekend.

Charles