no to PFD

budercup

Well I called ARN recover network for bad checks. I asked for PFD said no. Sent them a PFD (GW) letter then yesterday they called my at work the line I used to call them last month. I would not confirm my idenity and told them not to call this number again. I then proceded to the nearest payphone and called back since PFD not acceptable for them I just agreed to pay, I know it's mine just thought a PFD wouldn't hurt to try. It was only $52 did not give them any more info and said I would send payment today. I included a letter to not to sell this debt and any further communication be in writing to the pobox provided.

I didn't want to ask her but can they add the number and buisness they called to my CR since I would not verify she was talking to me. Sine I did not authorize the info to be reported?

got letter today dated 7/3/06 they have not recieved my payment and will turn it over to legal office. I sent the full amout, cahiers check CMRRR on 6/30/06 as I told her I would. Have not gotten green card back yet.

I also stated in my letter that I had no knowledg of this check and that upon seeing it on my CR I contacted them, which is an indicator that I was not refusing to pay, just wanted it off my CR.

I used a neighbors phone so they would not track my home # as they did my wrok#. Can they add they number and buisness I called from last month to my CR without my permission?

I'd make sure to send them an immediate 2nd CMRRR letter stating the dates you'd sent the previous ones-include copies. Have your letter notarized/copied and have someone ELSE seal it and mail it if possible. You may have to run down the cashiers check to see if it was cashed.

As far as reporting your info, I'm not positive. I know that they report various other junk-like variations in names and such, not sure about phone numbers. I know when they take your information via applications and such that often times this info gets transferred to your credit bureau info.

If you they've done this and you don't want it on there you could dispute the info w/ the credit bureaus directly to see if you can get it off.

Elyse

Buttercup (making some assumptions about you from your screen name) you are toooooo sweet and too concerned about what's next. Do you really think they will sue you for $52? The filing fee at the court is more than that and then there's atty's fees etc. etc. They are not going to spend $1,000 - $2,000 to get a $52 debt paid. It was a threat to get exactly what they got - $52. It's also a violation of the law. You should feel violated. The hardest thing for me to accept when I started on these boards was to NOT pay til I got what I wanted. You have a right to collect $1,000 from them for thier threat "send it to legal". By the way, if you do sue them and demand YOUR money you can most likely get the TL deleted also. Go to www.naca.net and find an attorney in your area and sue the bastards! They owe you $20 for every $1 you owed them. You were "played"! Get angry with how they treated you = you deserve better and so do we. It won't stop till it costs them too much to do that to people. Get your money, get your cash and help us in the process.

Well my original plan is to get a equity motrgae I own outright, for improvements and have been told I must pay all collections. I'm pretty sure the $52 returned check is mine I was more than willing to pay I just would have liked a PFD but at least show paid. Needless to say I feel better it is paid.

I'm still new to all this and yes CA and just the mention of lawyer make me sick to my stomach.

Thanks for the advise

Now that you have paid, you will never get the PFD. You lose your only bargaining chip when you pay.

Your letter that you said "I also stated in my letter that I had no knowledg of this check" will not fly- you paid it- so that is an admission the debt is yours.

I am not telling you to not pay- what I am saying is that you should never pay a CA unless:

1 the CA has properly validated the debt

2 you get a PFD in WRITING

Otherwise, you wind up with a paid collection on your CR, which hurts your FICO as much as an unpaid collection.