debt settlement

laney

I have been reading CIC for awhile. I am in the process of settling a debt with US Treasury btw of Diversified Collections. The CA wants me to fill out a five page personal financial statement. The CA rep agreed to 50% on the phone, but has not sent a letter with the agreement. CA rep indicated that PFS is a part of the settlement before CA will agree. Opinions, thoughts, what to do? Help!!!!

TU EQ EX

511 578 637

US Treasure? Income Tax? There's a CA involved? Wow...new one on me.

But, regardless, IMHO, no way I'd give that kind of info to a CA. They are obviously fishing for info to use against you. Anything they need, they could get from a CR.

Just out of curousity, have you talked with the US Treasure about this directly? Are you absolutely sure this CA is legit?

Long Story-Short

Debt -began SBA loan, verified by DCS, original amt $3,000, current due $3,275, verbal agreement of $1,678 by DCS, sent 5 pg persoanl fin stmt (2 weeks ago)for me to complete, is this a requirement of FDCPA? I plan on calling back end of week, indicating that this is not a requirement of FDCPA and if DCS wants to settle I will agree with written letter sent to me? Diviersified Collection Services, Inc. DCS.

is this a requirement of FDCPA?

Absolutely not. Sure sounds like they're giving you a loan...

If it were me,I'd call the SBA and offer to settle with them. You may not get them to agree for 50%, but if the CA (or JDB) is going to take the money and run, you'd be stuck with the whole amount anyway.

I think I made a mistake. The verbal agreement offered on the phone to settle for half, seems like it may be going in the wind. I never sent the 5 pg fin stmnt. The CA rep took all the info over the phone. I pray this did not give authorization to access my bank accounts by poking into my finances. Now, there appears to be a delay in the CA ability to fax the written settlment agreement. The CA was so anxious to get the fin stmnt. Now, they are not making any progress in sending the written agreement. I have no money in my bank accounts so that is good.

I did not provide any account numbers. I received the fax indicating a settlement. Spoke with CA rep verbally, she indicated that the settlement would be in full for the amount agreed. One worry of mine: due date is 7-13-06 and it was faxed 7:56 on 7-12 pacific time. I live in eastern time zone. I did not p.u fax until 7-13 and had no way to get to the money and send before end of day. Gonna take my chances and pray that this CA is honest. :shock: and will stick to her word. tired. I am dealing with Wolpoff, located right here in MI. Thank God, they have one of the accounts listed on a street I never lived on. I am going to file a Police report, indicating possible fraud and ask for a reduction of the other debt. Last two items on my CR as bad. I obtained two secured credit cards recently hoping to boost my score. If anyone has any sugesstions on my methods, help is greatly appreciated.

Score 5/06

TU 511 EQ 637 EX 578