Collection agency AND OC on credit report???

Nattylioness

I have two accounts that are with Asset Acceptance (collection agency). The OC on one was Providian Bank, which I paid off with Asset. The other OC is with First USA bank and I am currently paying Asset for this account, but still have about $8000.00 owed on that one. Both of the OC’s are listed on my credit as well as a separate entry for Asset for each one. Can my write the credit reporting agencies and ask that they either list Asset or First USA (& respectively for Providian) instead of both?

Secondly, the First USA account was charged off in Nov. 2000, due to come off my credit report in Nov. 2007. Can Asset still report after the account comes off my credit?

Hope I’ve explained clearly and that someone can help.

Much appreciated. LC

First, if the accounts have been sold, they should reflect 0 balance. Dispute with CRA on that basis and you might get an easy OC delete.

The one that is due to roll off can't (shouldn't) be reported by anyone after the 7 year period is up.